The Old Parishes
The Ecclesiastical parish of Markyate was formed in 1877 with the Chapel of Ease in Cell Park becoming the Parish Church.
Markyate Church, circa 1914
The Civil Parish of Markyate came into being in 1897 and was made up of parts of the following Parishes:
The Caddington part was on the east side of the High Street down to Hicks Road, whilst the Studham part was on the west side of the High Street down to Buckwood Road. The Flamstead part was to the south of both the Caddington and Studham parts. The part that belonged to Houghton Regis parish was made up of fields and the old farm buildings of Buckwood Stubbs.